facebook

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Faking Our Way Through Easter Decor

Left over plastic eggs, check.

Spring-ish paper from Michael's, check

Willing girl child helper, check.

Vague idea of a plan from Pinterest, but can't find the tutorial because my boards are a mess, check.



So the Iz and I set out to make our spring time eggs.  

I cut the paper big enough to around the egg, then fringed all the edges so it would fold nicely--in theory.

We broke out the Modge Podge and went to town.  




45 minutes later we had covered the eggs, with paper, but mine were a whole lot more rumpled and slidey (it's a new word!).

Iz and I were completely covered in podge.

And drying them was kind of a challenge.  Newspaper is a bad idea, in case you were thinking of doing that; modge podge is indiscriminant in its willingness to stick paper to eggs.






But they finally dried, I found some moss and a cake plate and they look pretty good under glass.





And it's a project done. completed. finished. checked off.  And we can all move on with our lives, after we get this podge off our elbows.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea! And, I didn't know you blogged. Funny, I'm a "hen" on my blog too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete