facebook

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"snakes. I hate snakes"

This is what I kept thinking while doing this little project.  Remember Indian Jones?  Actually, I was thinking the same thing about hot glue gun glue that does that stringy, webby, thing all over.  Am I the only one this happens to?  Anyhowsers, I pinned this neat, but kinda creepy snake wreath thing a few months ago.  Thought if I was going to do it myself, I'd better get on it, since Halloween is coming up hard and fast.
Here's my version:
First, get a wire wreath.
Then, get yourself some snakes.  Lots of them.  I ordered mine from Amazon, but misread the description and ended up with snakes littler than I anticipated.  But I'm cheap and wouldn't have sprung for bigger snakes anyway.



The requisite hot glue gun...
Start glueing.  The first row is the hardest, but I just worked my way clockwise and stacked and twined my way around (and around and around)



Probably took me 30 minutes and a couple of glue burns.

 


The pinterest one is sprayed black, but I'm grooving on the multicolors.
Whatcha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment